We’re seeking a food-obsessed sales executive who cannot wait to connect La Tourangelle's artisanal, healthy products with customers and strengthen our team in the process.
As our high-energy, results-driven Head of Sales, you’ll be the growth engineer and functional builder of our business scaleup. Reporting directly to the CEO and part of the executive committee, you’ll be responsible for:
- Strategically growing top and bottom line of our products by driving customer relationships, sales pipeline planning, channel and promotional activities across retailer types, innovation, and cross-functional leadership to ensure sales strategy + organizational delivery;
- Architecting the sales function, including establishing sales targets to meet company objectives, defining professional development, improving processes, and enabling a culture of team excellence.
Location: This team member must already be based full-time in the San Francisco Bay Area in order to work from La Tourangelle's Corporate Office in Berkeley, CA
- Manage the business: develop, implement and achieve strategic sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures that achieve company’s revenue goals and strategic initiatives; maximize profitability and develop pricing.
- Be the voice of La Tourangelle: pick up the phone and get on the road; develop proposals for potential customers; build and deliver effective presentations & trainings to sales reps, brokers, and customers; plan for, participate in, and support trade shows, trade events, and major sales events.
- Lead with forward thinking: optimize channel and distribution strategies across retailer types; promotional development and management across channels; develop store/product placement strategies.
- Know the market: demonstrate expertise in a variety of the CPG field’s concepts, practices, and procedures; monitor competitive and market activity category trends and provide recommendations to Executive Committee.
- Learn from results: prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer base expansion; compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities.
- Partner with confidence: with Marketing, Operations, and other La Tourangelle functions to drive innovation, new item introduction, and customer experience.
- Lead by example: directly responsible for leading sales managers, while also rolling up sleeves as an individual contributor and collaborating with confidence across Executive Committee in a dynamic growth environment.
- Build expertise and architecture: develop appropriate processes, systems, KPIs, and development plans (both on the job and formal training) for self and team to support identified opportunities.
- Hold yourself and your team accountable: actively communicate expectations, build team accountability, and provide consistent feedback against targets.
- Passionate about natural/specialty food products and our consumers; inspired by the La Tourangelle brand
- 12+ years sales experience, including managing large retailers nationally in a large traditional CPG/grocery environment or while scaling an innovative company
- Strong leadership skills, business acumen, and desire to grow
- Exceptional account management and customer relationship building skills
- Skilled with performing complex analysis to interpret market trends and business data for data-driven decision-making (e.g., Nielsen, Spins, IRI)
- Strategic thinking and excellence in driving that thinking into actionable plans
- Experience building and managing a team across geographies
- Skilled with technology (i.e., SAP B1, Zoho, Microsoft Office Suite) and open to learning new programs to elevate the business
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration; MBA preferred
- Flexibility to travel 30-50% to grow the business
ABOUT LA TOURANGELLE
La Tourangelle (la-tour-an-gel) is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of France’s Loire Valley, La Tourangelle’s purpose is artisanship and pursuit of exceptional taste with uncompromising nutritional benefits to improve the health, flavor and lives of our customers and our families. Our products are sold in over 20,000 stores in the US and Canada and include retailers such as Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, and Kroger.
BEHAVIORS WE VALUE
- Take initiative
- Take ownership
- Be results-driven
- Be curious
- Stretch your limits
- Be collaborative
- Make decisions based on facts
- Show respect for all
- Face challenges with optimism
- Bring your authentic self
JOINING THE TEAM AT LA TOURANGELLE
We are a team of explorers and builders who stand behind the authenticity and quality of our craft. We welcome applications from individuals who share our drive for bringing the best and most nutritious natural food products to the world by pairing innovation with artisan excellence. Opportunities for growth within our organization are abundant, and we offer medical benefits, HSA, life insurance, and 401K.