We’re looking for a seasoned Director, Data Analysis and Operations to join our client's team as a full-time employee to help them translate their customer data into critical insights that drive strategic decision-making and tactical results. This leader will manage a 9-person data and analysis team to support the organization’s lead generation, sales, and customer activity reporting efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Data Analysis and Marketing, particularly in utilizing a range of tools to identify and communicate key learnings gleaned from large and complex datasets that inform campaign management, customer renewal activities, customer profitability, offer design, messaging strategy, and customer targeting.
This role requires specific experience in maintaining large, complex data sets and building & explaining trended performance analytics within a subscription/membership business framework, including: customer loading reporting, customer usage reporting, response rates, churn and migration analytics, and productivity insights.
Given the expected level of interaction with large datasets, a successful candidate will also demonstrate expertise in:
- Data Management, Storage and Hygiene
- Advanced analytical skills leveraging the latest technology and analytical tools including scripting, controls, pivot tables, and advanced charting
- Data visualization design and development across Tableau, Power BI, SAS Visualizer, etc.
- Relational database construction & management, including SQL development
- Statistical software, including query construction in SAS/STAT, SPSS, R, Statistica
Since such a large component of the work we do is actually communicating the insights we discover, a critical tool for the successful candidate is leveraging PowerPoint to tell those stories. Beyond dropping highlights into slides, we’re looking for someone adept at composing and effectively telling the story by leveraging advanced techniques to develop a polished, professional-level presentation.
- Location: Washington DC Metro Area
- Start date: June 2018
- Onsite time with client as FTE: 5 days
- Minimum Years of Experience: 7-10+ years
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree Preferred
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and experience of:
- Data management and hygiene
- Analytics leadership within a subscription or recurring-revenue business model
- Background in supporting company-wide initiatives across an organization; from marketing to channel management, product/event management, customer care, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience owning the development and communication of critical insights to drive both strategic and tactical marketing decision-making
Demonstrates management abilities leading a team that manages both accuracy of data environments as well as how to use those environments to generate prospect and customer insights for Marketing, Sales, Cross-sell/Up-sell business activities that include the following:
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
- Creating Excel models, pivot tables and lookup functions.
- Drafting and presenting PowerPoint presentation decks.
Demonstrates proven and thorough ability to:
- Engage successfully in complex, broad and often ill-defined business issues through deep understanding of both the particular enterprise and industry specific issues.
- Understand, manage and leverage large datasets to drive organizational insights using advanced analytical, visualization and statistical software packages
- Deliver impact through effective listening and strong personal leadership that inspires the rest of the team, fosters productive teamwork, and help develop and grow team members.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences with the effective use of compelling visuals
- Conduct and managing a broad range quantitative and qualitative efforts, applying the full suite of both primary and secondary analytical approaches
- Work collaboratively with all parts of the business from marketing to technology.