We’re seeking a growth-obsessed talent executive who cannot wait to be the strategic business partner to evolve CMG’s team infrastructure via positive, high-impact strategies and programs.
As our versatile, fast-paced Director of People & Change reporting directly to a Partner and part of the leadership team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Architecting and implementing a business-aligned people agenda that delivers measurable value and an exceptional experience for our people.
- Optimizing our organizational design to meet business objectives, including roles and responsibilities, compensation structures, succession planning, and resourcing needs across FTEs and contractors.
- Building on and enabling our learning and development foundation to empower team excellence by driving coaching, processes, and career pathing.
Location: Washington, DC
- Evolve the organization: actively build the talent roadmap and organizational chart based on consulting industry best practices and strategic growth plans; proactively lead the alignment of titles, roles, resourcing, and total rewards on an ongoing basis.
- Advocate for change: be a catalyst for positive change, bringing together stakeholders via a comprehensive vision for organizational improvement and growth; with approaches tailored to the needs of CMG and its team members today and in the future.
- Lead with forward thinking: demonstrate expertise across talent management concepts, practices, and procedures in hiring, professional development, and retention; monitor consulting market trends and vet improvement recommendations with the leadership team; serve as voice of team members and the talent market for the leadership team.
- Optimize the employee experience: own CMG’s employee experience and life cycle from talent acquisition through on-boarding, development, retention, and off-boarding; create and implement innovative, bleeding edge approaches and strategies that differentiate our employee experience from competitors.
- Refine and activate the employer brand: supercharge hiring and employer brand both online and locally; plan for and lead relevant recruiting; actively build a diverse talent pipeline across FTE, contractor, and intern populations.
- Measure, learn, and iterate: develop and maintain measures of organizational improvements, use data and metrics to make critical decisions; identify patterns to make recommendations and improvements; enhance foundational processes throughout teams across both office locations and remote employees.
- Partner with confidence: act as a true business partner to the whole team to drive improvements, new processes, and team member experience in order to drive measurable impact on business performance.
- Lead by example: directly responsible for leading people and talent strategy, while also rolling up sleeves as an individual contributor and collaborating with confidence across leadership team in a dynamic growth environment.
- Develop leaders and experts: own and refine CMG’s professional development program, including the systems for performance reviews, individual development planning, career pathing, and formal and informal training; coach all parts of the organization to improve; assist organizational leaders in their roles as coaches.
- Hold yourself and our firm accountable: actively communicate expectations, build team accountability, and provide consistent feedback against targets.
- Maintain and evolve CMG’s unique, vibrant culture: help to enable collaboration among a distributed team, nurture the team’s spirit of entrepreneurship and professional curiosity, promote Radical Candor among our team, and evolve the connective fabric that binds CMG’s people.
- Confidence to provide guidance, perspective, and a lens of experience as a senior leader in a consultancy
- Passionate about consultative services and our clients; inspired by CMG’s brand, people, and track record
- Business-minded professional with at least 12 years of increasing responsibility in HR/Talent positions with demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is entrepreneurial, collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative
- Functional HR/Talent leader who delivers services across team levels and populations (FTE, 1099, university hires) with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations
- Strong team builder and player with the ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders across geographies
- Credible, adaptable, and someone who demonstrates strong initiative and ownership
- Highly professional, results driven, with strong desire to continue learning to broaden knowledge, insight and perspective
- Experienced in prioritization with demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple business leaders/partners and initiatives
- Experienced with HR and business technologies and applications, applying them as required
- Analytics-focused with ability to solve problems and develop solutions
- Flexible to operate in a new, unknown environment with evolving needs
- Confident and strong personal initiative as someone who is willing to get out in the field, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong sense of ownership of work
- Able to coach and mentor others at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and relevant HR certifications
- Ability to travel up to 15%
For CMG, a job posting is an opportunity – for you and for us. What you make of a job with us is mainly up to you. Have a great idea? Make it happen. See a problem? Fix it. Our performance-driven culture is one of collaboration, curiosity and concentration on providing superior marketing outcomes through personal accountability, clarity of objectives, and transparency in results. We want entrepreneurial self-starters who go above the call of duty to help our clients think, do and move as we work to be the leader in helping companies realize their market potential.
In turn, what makes someone realize their potential at CMG?
- You demonstrate consistently that it is about “we” not “me”.
- You are committed to growing our clients, our team and yourself.
- You are curious, sharp and humble.
- You are a committed student of business: that of our clients and ours.
- You deliver positive impact and choose to do the right thing.
- You are in it to win for our clients and your team.
CMG creates top-line revenue growth for our clients, over $2 billion in new revenues for clients over our 20-year history. Our clients are big brands and range from Fortune 500 corporations to innovative small and medium-sized companies, who are loyal and consider our consultants to be valuable extensions of their own team. CMG is an EEOC.