CMG exists to enable complex organizations to realize their market potential by becoming more agile as they drive for growth. Our Performance Practice Area, with its proprietary Agile for Marketing (A4M) product and suite of solutions, helps clients design and implement the critical cultural, management and operational changes required to create and deliver on evolving customer needs.
We are seeking a Senior Director level consultant who will be the Lead accountable for maturing CMG’s Performance practice and team, intellectual capital and client offerings in meaningful and profitable ways.
This role draws upon personal experiences and mastery in change management, consultation, facilitation, training and organizational alignment. It requires exceptionally strong EQ, curiosity and the ability to gain trust from all members of client organizations. These qualities are leveraged in a fast-paced, collaborative setting to help senior marketers and business leaders at large enterprises realize value for their customers.
As the Lead, you will:
- Work closely with senior marketers, business leaders, program teams and stakeholders. You must be able to build rapport and credibility in order to establish a trusted advisor / partner relationship with individuals across levels within complex organizations.
- Leverage prior experience and adapt quickly in understanding and advising on marketing, digital and general business strategies to help:
- Define the client’s vision for change
- Clearly identify and articulate a narrative for change for leadership and stakeholders
- Identify gaps between current and future organizational design
- Anticipate and mitigate potential roadblocks across the organization
- Support leaders in championing change through their organization.
Managing the Work:
You will be responsible for:
- Engagement planning and budgeting through structure and discipline, day-to-day interaction with executive clients and sponsors and engagement teams
- Leading key phases within projects, including:
- Stakeholder and change impact assessment
- Change management strategy
- Success plans and measures
- Stakeholder analysis
- Change adoption plans
- Customizing the A4M operating system and working with the Performance team to enable the change through training and coaching.
Practice Development & Eminence:
Acting as an entrepreneur, you will own and build the Performance practice by generating new business and growing business with existing clients.
You will also be a recognized subject matter expert in change management and responsible for:
- Continual learning and improvement of our intellectual property
- Development of new solutions and methodologies
- Overall promotion of the practice through our thought leadership and speaking engagements.
As a member of the CMG Leadership Team, you will work with other Practice Area Leads to drive collective impact for the firm.
Coaching and Building Change Capability:
- Act in engaging ways to build change capabilities across CMG and facilitate development of individuals and teams at the client
- Be a supportive and energetic coach and mentor to build our team and ensure professional development is a daily focus.
- Experience consulting inside a corporate setting
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Study at the graduate level in related fields (certificate/degree programs)
- Bachelor’s degree and 15-20 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced consulting, facilitation and training skills
- Experience working with senior marketers and business leaders
- Experience and working knowledge of organizational change management
- Proven capacity to develop and manage business for professional services at the enterprise level for contracts valued at $500k+
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust approaches based on audience and situation
- Humble and collaborative approach to working with others, especially leaders at all levels
- Confidence and courage to gain alignment internally and with clients
- Plan effectively and organize/pace the work of others
- Knowledge of marketing functions and decision analytics/insights
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts (personally and with others)
- Exemplary and quick learner and teacher of new situations, concepts and frameworks
- Ability to put pen to paper for translating great thinking into meaningful intellectual property
- Engaging public speaker, comfortable with leading conversations around a table and in a meeting hall
Our Practice Area lead will preferably be based in one of CMG’s offices: Georgetown – Washington, DC, or Durham, NC, with 75%+ ability to travel.
For CMG, a job posting is an opportunity – for you and for us. What you make of a job with us is mainly up to you. Have a great idea? Make it happen. See a problem? Fix it. Our performance-driven culture is one of collaboration, curiosity and concentration on providing superior marketing outcomes through personal accountability, clarity of objectives and transparency in results. We want entrepreneurial self-starters who go above the call of duty to help our clients think, do and move as we work to be the leader in helping companies realize their market potential. In turn, what makes someone realize their potential at CMG?
- You demonstrate consistently that it is about “we” not “me”.
- You are committed to growing our clients, your team and yourself.
- You are curious, sharp and humble.
- You are a committed student of business: that of our clients and ours.
- You deliver positive impact and choose to do the right thing.
- You are in it to win for our clients and your team.
CMG is an EEOC.