We’re looking for a seasoned marketer to help our clients leverage their customer information into critical insights that drive strategic decision-making and tactical results.
The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, particularly in utilizing a range of tools to identify and communicate key learnings gleaned from large and complex datasets that inform channel management, sales incentives, offer design, messaging strategy, and customer targeting.
Specific experience building & explaining trended performance analytics within a subscription business framework, including: loading reporting, churn and migration analytics, and productivity insights.
Given the expected level of interaction with large datasets, a successful candidate will also demonstrate expertise in:
- Excel, including scripting, controls, pivot tables, and advanced charting
- Relational database construction & management, including SQL development
- Statistical software, including query construction in SAS, SPSS, R, Statistica
- Data analysis and visualization solutions, including Tableau, Adobe Analytics, Business Objects
Since such a large component of the work we do is actually communicating the insights we discover, a critical tool for the successful candidate is leveraging PowerPoint to tell those stories. Beyond dropping highlights into slides, we’re looking for someone adept at composing and effectively composing the story the data tells by leveraging advanced techniques to develop a polished, professional-level presentation.
- Location: DC/VA area
- Start date: early July
- Onsite time with client: 5 days / 40 hours per week
- Duration: 3 months, with possibility of extension
Minimum Years of Experience: 7-10
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates the following capabilities:
- Marketing experience in an analytics role within a subscription or recurring-revenue business model, preferably in the telecom space
- Background in supporting marketing initiatives across an organization; from marketing to channel management, digital marketing, product management, customer care, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience owning the development and communication of critical insights to drive both strategic and tactical marketing decision-making
Demonstrates individual contributor abilities as a member of a project team that include the following:
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Creating Excel models, pivot tables, and lookup functions.
- Drafting and presenting PowerPoint presentation decks
Demonstrates proven and thorough ability to:
- Engage successfully in complex, broad and often ill-defined business situations through deep understanding of both the particular enterprise and industry-specific issues.
- Deliver impact through effective listening and strong personal leadership that inspires the rest of the team, fosters productive teamwork, and helps develop and grow team members throughout the course of an engagement.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences with the effective use of compelling visuals
- Conduct and manage a broad range quantitative and qualitative research, applying the full suite of both primary and secondary analytical approaches from operational benchmarking to strategic voice of the customer.
- Work collaboratively with all parts of the business from marketing to technology