Our Office Manager is the glue that holds CMG together. She/he is the centralized resource enabling the success of our Durham HQ, Georgetown office and remote consultants at all levels as well as owning external relationships with vendors, HR/IT partners and other contracts. Our ideal candidate will bring extremely high energy, EQ/customer focus and self-direction to balance all aspects of the role while remaining adaptable and unflappable. Oh, and a big smile is very welcome.
Manages Daily Office Operations
- Manages our office locations and remote team member requirements to reliably ensure the highest levels of efficiency, including administrative, hardware/software, hospitality and office supplies/upkeep
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all firm services and best practices to consistently meet team needs and expectations while complying with our standards and policies
- Builds strong relationships with all team members by understanding business needs, managing flawless service delivery, resolving issues and bringing solutions for needs
- Quickly defines clear business objectives and path forward for requests using strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Fosters an environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting objectives
Manages Contractual Relationships
- Serves as an ambassador for and face of the firm; manages vendor relationships including several outsourced service providers to ensure the highest levels of consistent and quality service delivery
- Serves as the IT liaison
- Owns and maintains all vendor relationships and contracts for facilities
- Owns equipment maintenance (laptops, phone/fax, internet)
- Builds strong relationships with vendors/facilities at our various locations and leverages relationships as needed to seek conflict resolution on services provided
Owns Employee/Contractor Recordkeeping
- Drives processes for employee onboarding, offboarding and changes in status
- Maintains benefits records and addresses requests around PTO, insurance and 401k
- Maintains all hiring records including historical data (letter of agreement/engagement, change of position, salaries)
- Owns employee manual
- Partners closely with finance team to ensure all records are synched and accurate
- Builds trust, confidence and credibility, which includes the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with privileged, personal or confidential topics
Plans and Executes Events
- Owns end to end execution of our quarterly and other meetings, including AV and onsite requirements, lodging/meals and entertainment
- Acts as sole project manager responsible for overall planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation, control and completion
- Effectively communicates progress, challenges and proposed solutions to all stakeholders
- Understands and prioritizes multiple projects to balance fiscal responsibility with our cultural needs
Drives Connection and Communication
- Proactively builds a cohesive team by educating, sharing information and providing updates on key firm dates, business records, work processes and manuals
- Owns maintenance and upgrades to our Wordpress intranet site
- Partners with our talent team to ideate new and unique ways to celebrate our firm culture through quarterly firm meetings and remote initiatives
- Supports recruiting and retention efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years in similar roles in a professional services environment, preferably consulting or B2B companies
- HR/benefits experience strongly preferred
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills and attention to detail to meet requests with immediate and accurate responses
- Ability to analyze/interpret difficult situations and quickly make recommendations for resolution
- Ability to define and communicate clear business objectives and desired outcomes
- Digital native with strong technical skills and solid understanding of MS Office, Apple devices and SaaS platforms (including but not limited to chat/audio/video/file storage programs); ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects through real-time prioritization (what’s important and when to do it)
- Depth of confidence and ability to proactively address crisis situations and manage change effectively
- Strong presence with the ability to build credibility and collaborate directly with all levels, internally and externally
CMG is a boutique marketing consultancy that makes complex organizations more agile, relevant, and driven toward growth. Our expertise, accumulated over 19 years of work with Fortune 500 clients, has generated $1 billion+ in revenue.
At CMG Partners, we know that growth is about movement, for our clients as well as our team – both consultants and staff. So we make a promise to all of our employees.
We promise to provide the opportunity and environment that allows your greatness shine through, enabling you to realize your potential today, and in the future. In turn, what makes someone realize their potential at CMG?
- You demonstrate consistently that it is about “we” not “me”.
- You are committed to growing yourself, your team members and our clients.
- You are curious, sharp and humble.
- You are a committed student of business: that of our clients and ours.
- You deliver positive impact and choose to do the right thing.
- You are in it to win for our clients and your team.
If you want to join a close-knit team that’s driven by innate curiosity, critical thinking, hard work, and the boundless pleasure of learning, let’s talk.
CMG is an EEOC.